Music (contemporary, folk)
- The Famous Spiegeltent (Venue 87)
- Aug 20, 23-24
- 1 hour
- Country: United Kingdom - Scotland
- Group: Alexander McCall Smith and James Ross
- Warnings: All seating is unreserved and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Accessibility: May not apply to all performances. Please confirm before booking. See our Accessibility page for details.
DescriptionIn Silver Darlings, celebrated writer Alexander McCall Smith has joined forces with innovative Scottish composer James Ross, to write a song cycle about Scotland and the sea. The mood and subject of the lyrics are varied, ranging from exploration to fishing, ship building to naval engagements and beyond. All serve to illustrate the wealth of Scotland’s maritime story. Influenced by Scottish traditional music, James Ross’s new composition conveys a sense of just how the sea has made its mark on the people of Scotland. A lively and moving premiere by a group of Scotland’s finest singers and musicians.
Please note that while all media gallery content is provided by verified members of the event, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society does not review or approve this content before it is posted. Reports of inappropriate content or copyright infringement can be directed to email@example.com.